CNG Fuel Benefits
Cheaper, cleaner fuel with great engine performance
The BioCNG™ system offers a simple and effective technology for producing CNG vehicle fuel at a fraction of the cost of gasoline or diesel while getting similar or better engine performance. The environmental benefits that come along with this clean fuel production process are a great bonus, along with positive community relations that arise from the projects.
Consider these benefits of BioCNG™ vehicle fuel:
- Approximately half the cost of gasoline and diesel – and less than other types of CNG fuel
- Qualifies for federal Renewable Fuel Credits(RINs)
- Meets or exceeds CNG fuel specifications SAE J1616 and complies with engine manufacturers warrantees
- Vehicle performance is similar to that of gasoline, diesel and NG fuels
- The “greenest” vehicle fuel, resulting in significant carbon footprint reduction
Lowering your fuel costs – half the cost of gasoline and diesel
At less than $2 per GGE, BioCNG™ is half the cost of gasoline and diesel and slightly less than pipeline NG fuel. The cost of BioCNG™ fuel is further reduced by state and federal financial incentives not available to the other fuels.
Replacing petroleum – a national priority
Making America less dependent on foreign oil is a national priority. The US Congress established aggressive goals of reducing dependence on foreign oil by increasing the availability and use of domestic resources, in particular natural gas. Investing in the research and development of natural gas as a vehicle fuel is part of this ambitious plan.
Did you know that, while the U.S. imports more than 47 percent of the oil it uses, 98 percent of the natural gas used in the U.S. was produced in North America? Every gallon equivalent of natural gas used in vehicles is one less gallon of petroleum that has to be imported.
Reducing emissions – far lower than gasoline and diesel
Exhaust emissions from natural gas vehicles (NGVs) are much lower than those from gasoline and diesel vehicles. For example, the natural gas-powered Honda Civic Natural Gas has been recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as the cleanest commercially available, internal-combustion vehicle. The California Air Resources Board rated the Civic Natural Gas to meet the stringent AT-PZEV standard.
Replacing a typical older vehicle with a new NGV vehicle reduces exhaust emissions:
- Carbon monoxide (CO) reduced by 70-90 percent
- Non-methane organic gas (NMOG) reduced by 50-75 percent
- Nitrogen oxides (NOx) reduced by 75-95 percent
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) reduced by 20-30 percent